We are excited to grow our team! With great success, we are able to open up new opportunities within each of our programs.
At ETHOS, our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We are currently looking for someone with problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail. Does that sound like you? If so, you could be our next Operations Coordinator at our WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith. WorkBC is your direct access to the world of work in British Columbia. Its key goal is to help all British Columbians successfully navigate B.C.’s labour market. WorkBC connects job seekers and employers – helping people find jobs, explore career options, and improve their skills, and helping employers find the right talent and grow their businesses.
The Operations Coordinator (OC) is responsible for supporting the staff and contributing significantly to the quality of service for clients. The OC will provide extra support for the Resource Room and Front Desk and support the marketing committee in community events and weekly and monthly calendar updates. The OC will coordinate all areas of administrative operations with the WorkBC site. The OC will order and maintain an inventory of general office supplies, as well as educational supplies and resources. If office maintenance concerns are presented, the OC will work with the building management to address and correct the concerns.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Post-secondary education certificate, degree, or diploma in a relevant field; business or office administration and/or equivalent combination of on-the-job training and experience
- Training in, or excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft software applications, and Adobe in Design/Photoshop
- Previous positive work history in establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relationships with community officials/groups, employers, government agencies, building management, and other independent businesses
- Working successfully in administration support to management positions, and client services support for front-line team
- Experience working with people with diverse abilities and understanding their needs/gaps in a work environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, tact, and respect for confidentiality
- Clear criminal record check is required as a condition of employment
ETHOS is a Learning Organization. We encourage continuous learning and growth, offering ongoing professional development and Learning and Development Plans that financially assist our staff in continuing their education. We offer above-average leave and sick day coverage, a Health Spending Account, mental health strategies that include a paid day off to focus on you, and a Wellness Account to use towards Health, Fitness, and Wellness.
Job Type: Part-Time, 6-month contract until March 31, 2024. Possibility of extension
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Wage: $26.00 per hour
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Open Until Filled