We are excited to grow our team! With great success, we are able to open up new opportunities within each of our programs.
At ETHOS, our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
If you have a passion for helping people find success in their quest to find employment, and you have a strong knowledge of the Cowichan Valley job market, you could be the perfect fit for our Employment Counsellor position at ETHOS in our Duncan WorkBC Employment Services Centre.
The Employment Counsellor (EC) is responsible for providing employment/career counselling to eligible Clients through career planning and development, occupation selection, and work search strategies. The EC’s main priorities are counselling, assisting with applications for training, self-employment and related, and referring clients to appropriate internal and/or community resources. The EC will collaborate with Clients to identify barriers to employment, clarify employment difficulties while developing job sustainment strategies, and where appropriate, refer to additional services for further assistance. The EC will also assist with providing support in the Basic and Essential Skills training.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field: Career or Employment Development, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Counselling, Education or Human Resources or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Training in Employment Counselling theories and processes and career assessment tools; preference for Career Practitioner Training
- Experience in counselling clients with career planning, vocational selection, job search, identifying and overcoming barriers to employment and personal and career management
- Assisting clients in developing and refining Action Plans
- Experience in delivering and understanding of Case Managed Services: Work Experience Services, Skill Enhancement Services Self-Employment and Job Search Services
- Experience in working with individuals with complex barriers and disabilities
- Experience in working with immigrants and visible minorities
- Experience in coaching and mentoring Clients
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Possess highly developed written and verbal communication skills
ETHOS is a Learning Organization. We encourage continuous learning and growth, offering ongoing professional development and Learning and Development Plans that financially assist our staff in continuing their education. We offer above-average leave and sick day coverage, a Health Spending Account, mental health strategies that include a paid day off to focus on you, and a Wellness Account to use towards Health, Fitness, and Wellness.
Job Type: Full-Time, Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Wage: $27.50 per hour
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]