At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We have an exciting new opportunity at our WorkBC Centre in Duncan for someone who loves to network and build community partnerships. We are looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is accountable for cultivating strategic partnerships through community outreach activities. The Coordinator is the first point of contact with the community and it is their responsibility to foster relationships with service providers, community agencies, and prospective clients in the Cowichan Valley. Through such efforts as presenting to local interest groups, attending community events, and one-on-one meetings, the Coordinator will build positive relationships and ensure that community members have a comprehensive understanding of the services available at the Duncan WorkBC Centre.
The Coordinator is responsible for implementing and overseeing the Community Outreach Plan by identifying new initiatives and opportunities. The Coordinator will work with the Aboriginal Liaison and the Labour Market Specialist to assist with marketing materials and to strengthen relationships with key stakeholders in the Cowichan Valley.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field: Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or Communication
- 5 or more years of community engagement experience; marketing experience highly desired
- Strong background in forming and maintaining professional relationships with community interest groups including service providers, employers, government agencies, and educational institutions
- Possess highly developed written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with experience in presenting to groups
- Self-directed; ability to take initiative
- Training in, or excellent working knowledge of, all Microsoft applications; Canva, Adobe Express, and/or other design programs is preferred.
As a Learning Organization, we encourage continuous learning and growth, offering Learning and Development Plans that financially assist our staff in continuing their education. We offer above-average sick day coverage, a Health Spending Account, mental health strategies that include a paid day off to focus on you, and a Wellness Account to use towards Health, Fitness, and Wellness.
Job Type: Part-Time
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Wage: $27.00 per hour
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Open Until Filled