At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We are looking for a new team member to add value to the team. If you have a passion for helping people find success in their quest to find employment, and you have a strong knowledge of the Cowichan Valley job market, you could be the perfect fit for our Specialized Employment Counsellor position in our Duncan WorkBC Employment Services Centre.
As a member of the Client Services Team, the Specialized Employment Counsellor (SEC) is responsible for determining the barriers of a client’s functional needs. The SEC will administer assessments to evaluate the client’s needs in the workplace and will counsel multi-barrier individuals regarding career planning and development, occupation selection and work search strategies. They will work with clients to identify barriers to employment and strategies to overcome them and, where appropriate, refer to additional services for further assistance and/or diagnostic assessments. Explore and research job accommodations and aids, needed to help multi-barrier clients access work opportunities. The SEC will be responsible for delivering Customized Employment Services, including completion of Discovery Assessments, Job Carving, and Job Coaching on site. Additionally, the SEC will liaise with employers for the purpose of Job Development, in order to find paid employment for clients with disability specific barriers to entering the workforce.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field: Career or Employment Development, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Counselling, Education or Human Resources or equivalent combination of experience and education; preference a bachelor’s degree in Human Services
- Minimum 1-year experience working with individuals who have experienced violence or abuse
- Understanding of intersectionality as it applies to people who may experience barriers
- Training in Employment Counselling theories and processes and career assessment tools; preference for Career Practitioner Training
- Experience in counselling clients with career planning, vocational selection, job search, identifying and overcoming barriers to employment and personal and career management
- Assisting clients in developing and refining Action Plans
- Experience in delivering and understanding of Case Managed Services: Work Experience Services, Skill Enhancement Services Self-Employment and Job Search Services
- Experience in working with individuals with complex barriers and disabilities
- Experience in working with immigrants and visible minorities
- Experience in coaching and mentoring Clients
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Possess highly developed written and verbal communication skills
ETHOS is a Learning Organization. We encourage continuous learning and growth, offering ongoing professional development and Learning and Development Plans that financially assist our staff in continuing their education. We offer above-average leave and sick day coverage, a Health Spending Account, mental health strategies that include a paid day off to focus on you, and a Wellness Account to use towards Health, Fitness, and Wellness.
Job Type: Contract – March 31, 2027 Wage: $28.00 per hour Hours: 30 hours per week
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]