Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., we provide innovative and tailored solutions to guide job seekers in reaching their career goals. With our head office located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, we offer a range of employment programs, digital learning supports and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time (37.5 hours/week) Workshop Facilitator/Training Specialist for the Duncan WorkBC Employment Centre.
As a member of the Client Services Team, the Facilitator/Training Specialist is responsible for delivering group workshops online, orientations, Job Clubs, and a variety of employment skills curriculum using adult learning techniques. You will also deliver training to new employees and information to community groups. Priorities include developing and updating workshop and orientation curriculum in response to current trends and client feedback, and teaching clients effective employment-related strategies.
- Assess participants for program suitability/eligibility
- Develop, maintain, revise and update workshop curriculum on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate groups in career exploration, work search, life skills, essential skills and training process, using recognized adult learning principles and techniques
- Deliver information on the labour market, community resources, government programs, career development, and issues related to unemployment
- Provide information to workshop participants on use of effective job search techniques, career decision making methods, and personal management strategies.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field including education, business administration, instruction, or adult learning
- Training in industry recognized and accepted Employment Counselling and Career Coaching processes; CCDP certification considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years or more experience in developing and facilitating employment and career workshops and programs, including delivering services online
- Demonstrated knowledge of job search strategies, current employment trends, and labour market information
- Extensive experience in group facilitation, including computer and online applications
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, and experience delivering materials to adult learners
- Experience in coaching and mentoring clients
- Background in building partnerships with employers, community agencies and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience delivering basic life skills and essential skills programs/training preferred
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. offers its employees competitive wages and extended benefits. We believe in lifelong career learning, and offer professional development and training opportunities for skills enhancement in the employment services sector.
If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, then we encourage you to get in touch. This position is open until filled. We look forward to hearing from you.