Rebel Youth Entrepreneur Program
Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., we provide innovative and tailored solutions to guide job seekers in reaching their career goals. With our Head Office located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, we offer a range of employment programs, digital learning supports, and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Workshop Facilitator (full-time, 30 hours/week, 7 mo. contract with possible extension) in RiseUP, our new employment program for women with disabilities (self-disclosed) who live on Vancouver Island. This is a remote position however, candidates applying for this position must be based on Vancouver Island. This position reports to the Program Coordinator.
RiseUP is a cohort-based program that will be delivered in 18-week sessions. The Facilitator will be a vital part of the program team, responsible for delivering group workshops online, providing orientations, and delivering a variety of employment skills curriculum during the first 6-weeks of the program. You will also work closely with the program team to guide participants in finding sustainable employment or move on to suitable training opportunities.
- Develop, maintain, revise and update workshop curriculum on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate groups in career exploration, work search, life skills, essential skills and the training process, using recognized adult learning principles and techniques
- Deliver information on the labour market, community resources, government programs, career development, and issues related to unemployment
- Provide information to workshop participants on use of effective job search techniques, career decision making methods, and personal management strategies
- Provide referral information to participants who are interested in pursuing self-employment as an employment option
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field including education, social services, business administration, instruction, human services or adult learning
- Training in industry recognized Employment Counselling and/or Career Coaching processes; Career Development Practitioner certification considered an asset
- Experience working with Persons with Disabilities in an employment services setting
- 3 years (preferred) or more experience in developing and facilitating employment and career workshops and programs; experience delivering curriculum to groups online
- Demonstrated experience delivering basic life skills and essential skills programs/training preferred
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, and experience delivering materials to adult learners
- Experience in coaching and mentoring clients
- Clear Criminal Record Check required as condition of employment
- Must have access to a reliable, high-speed internet connection
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. offers its employees competitive wages and extended benefits. We believe in lifelong learning, and we offer our employees professional development and training opportunities for skills enhancement and career growth.
If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than April 5, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.
The wage for this position is $27/hour.