Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., we provide innovative and tailored solutions to guide job seekers in reaching their career goals. With our head office located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, we offer a range of employment programs, digital learning supports and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith. We are currently recruiting for the position of Employment Advisor for our Cowichan Valley WorkBC Centre in Duncan. This is a 37.5 hours (5 days) per week position.
As a member of the Client Services Team, this position provides one on one assistance to job seekers on a daily basis.
You will assist clients in accessing self-serve employment resources and applying for WorkBC Centre services in the Resource Room. The Employment Advisor’s main priorities are to assist clients in applying for work using Internet services and other technology, provide feedback and guidance on resumé and cover letter development, disseminate Labour Market Information and provide backup facilitation of workshops. The Employment Advisor may, from time to time, have the opportunity to provide coverage for other positions within the centre, as requested by the WorkBC Centre Manager. These activities promote a learning environment and contribute to organizational succession planning.
- Post-Secondary education in Human Services, Administration or combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Professional development in Labour Market Information, knowledge and research preferred.
- Career Development Practitioner training considered an asset.
- 2+ years’ experience serving diverse clientele in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Experience delivering services and workshops online.
- Preference given to those with experience providing service to job seekers.
- Knowledge of local labour market and community agencies considered an asset.
- Ability to handle client and program information according to confidentiality and privacy laws.
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. offers its employees competitive benefits and opportunities for professional development. If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, then we encourage you to apply. Please submit your cover letter and resume in application for the position. We look forward to hearing from you. This posting will remain open until filled. Starting wage is $24/hour.