Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., we provide innovative and tailored solutions to guide job seekers in reaching their career goals. With our head office located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, we offer a range of employment programs, digital learning supports and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith
We are currently recruiting for a part-time (15 hours/week) Specialized Employment Counsellor for the Duncan WorkBC Employment Centre.
As a member of the Client Services Team, the Specialized Employment Counsellor (SEC) is responsible for determining the barriers of a client’s functional needs. The SEC will administer assessments to evaluate the client’s needs in the workplace and will counsel multi-barrier individuals regarding career planning and development, occupation selection and work search strategies. They will work with clients to identify barriers to employment and strategies to overcome them and, where appropriate, refer to additional services for further assistance and/or diagnostic assessments. Explore and research job accommodations and aids, needed to help multi barrier clients access work opportunities.
- Assess participants for program suitability/eligibility
- Administer and interpret career assessment tools with clients one-to-one, in group sessions, or online, and provide guidance on suitable careers
- Facilitate groups in career exploration, work search, life skills, essential skills and training process, using recognized adult learning principles and techniques
- Deliver information on the labour market, community resources, government programs, career development, and issues related to unemployment
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field; Career or Employment development, vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Counselling, Education or Human Management
- Training in industry recognized and accepted employment counselling processes and career assessment tools
- Develop and implement counselling and intervention programs to assist clients in determining employment goals and means of attaining such goals
- Background in specialized programs for persons with multiple barriers to employment
- Shows respect for diversity and ability to work effectively and productively with a diverse clientele
- Experience in coaching and mentoring clients
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. offers its employees competitive wages and extended benefits. We believe in lifelong career learning, and offer professional development and training opportunities for skills enhancement in the employment services sector.
If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, then we encourage you to apply. This position is open until filled.