22.5 Hours South Island-Victoria
22.5 Hours Mid Island-NanaimoAND Area
22.5 Hours North Island- Courtney and Area
Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd, we provide innovative and tailored career solutions to guide job seekers in reaching their career goals. With our Head Office located in Nanaimo on beautiful Vancouver Island, we offer a range of employment programs and services, digital learning supports.
We have an exciting opportunity available for 3 Job Developers (1 year contract with possible extension) in RiseUP, our new employment program for women with disabilities (self-disclosed) who live on Vancouver Island. One position will be based in the Victoria area, one in the Mid-Island area (Duncan to Parksville) and one position in North Island, Courtenay North. These positions will report to the Program Manager. These positions are remote, providing one-on-one services to program participants by phone, email or online video platforms. When COVID restrictions are lifted, Job Developers will also provide in-person services upon participant request.
RiseUP is a cohort-based program that will be delivered over an 18-week period. The first 6-weeks of the program will consist of online classroom sessions and webinars where participants will develop their employability skills and enhance their job search strategies. Over the following 12 weeks, Job Developers will work with the program Employment Counsellor to guide participants to achieve employment or education goals through one-on-one support. Through developing a professional relationship with the employer community and local service providers, the Job Developer identifies and assesses employment opportunities.
- Connect with local employers to research and generate employer-based work experience
- Identify community experience or volunteer placement activities for participants
- Identify opportunities for participant job shadowing and informational interviews
- Match participants with suitable employment opportunities
- Liaises with employers to obtain program feedback
- Engage in follow-up support with participants to ensure a successful transition to employment or education
- Post-Secondary education in Career Development, Human Services, Psychology, Business, Education or a related field, plus training/experience in marketing and communications or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Certified Career Development Professional (CCDP) designation preferred
- Familiar with local service organizations and employer community
- Ability to make cold calls and approach local employers on behalf of clients
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working with Persons with Disabilities
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. offers its employees competitive wages and extended benefits. We believe in lifelong learning, and offer professional development and training opportunities for skills enhancement in the employment services sector.
If this opportunity sounds like a fit, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 5, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.
The wage for this position is $27/hour.