- Post Secondary education in Human Services, Administration or related OR a combination of education, training, and experience.
- Training in or well-developed computer skills (Microsoft software applications, particularly Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Publisher).
- 3+ years front line experience serving diverse clientele and young adults in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Extensive experience working in an online capacity.
- Experience working independently without direct supervision.
- Experience working with a remote Team.
- Preference will be given to those with experience providing service to unemployed clients.
- Highly motivated and able to take initiative without being directed.
- High level of commitment to provide quality support and meticulous attention to all client issues.
- Able to understand and communicate in a way that recognizes socio-cultural diversity.
- Able to handle phone calls and requests from clients, community partners and the public in a pleasant, courteous and efficient manner.
- Able to manage a variety of tasks in a calm, confident manner (multi-task).
- Aware of one’s own capabilities and understanding of when to draw upon others’ expertise and to make appropriate referrals.
- Positive attitude when under pressure or confrontational situations.
- Takes initiative to continually improve services and processes.
- Comfortable with change and learning.
Abilities and Skills:
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Prepare and maintain detailed records with regard to confidentiality and privacy legislation.
- Work, interact and communicate with diverse clientele and community partners.
- Market programs and services to ensure clients are referred appropriately.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Barriers to employment and issues with unemployment.
- Current trends in the technology sector.
- Work options available to clients and the ability to encourage exploration of these options.
- Modern office procedures and equipment.
- Computer applications including current versions of Windows and Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Internet.
- The local and regional community employment and employment related programs and services.
- Provincial and Federal programs and services for the unemployed.
- Relevant income supports (e.g. Employment Insurance, Income Support, etc.).
- How local, regional, national and global labour markets function.
- Knowledge of marketing within social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.).
Reports to: Program Manager
QmunityWORKS is an interactive platform allows LGBTQ2S+ folks and allies to navigate through self-directed modules, providing them with Online and Professional Job Search skills, Professional Communication skills and online Employer events. Client support is provided live and online through group debrief sessions, one-on-one video meetings and email.
As a member of the Client Services Team, the CSR plays a key role as the first point of contact for all who enter the program, by phone, email online, fax or mail. The CSR’s main priorities are to provide awareness, assist all off-site clients requesting help to access information and services, refer clients as appropriate and support the Client Services Team. The CSR will help with the creation of marketing materials and will manage and update the social media platforms. In addition to maintaining a user friendly and welcoming reception area, the Client Services Representative provides registration services to clients, responds to enquiries from the public, and books intake and other appointments.
The Client Services Representative assists the Client Services Team in ensuring all client eligibility criteria are met and client applications are accurate.
- Maintain current program materials.
- Schedule intake meetings for potential clients; check client eligibility with the Funder; utilize a waitlist to track clients where the ideal monthly number has been exceeded.
- Produce month-end and all other client activity reports in collaboration with the Manager and the Team.
- Greet clients and provide reception duties, answering and determining the nature of incoming calls, booking client appointments and directing calls to appropriate authorities.
- Respond to enquiries and requests for information, either in person or over the phone, from clients, the general public, business community, government agencies and community agencies while observing confidentiality guidelines.
- Manage clients’ online enquiries, process online applications and refer to appropriate staff for other online services. Through the Instant Messaging Platform, the CSR will have direct access to clients, ensuring immediate assistance and support.
- Support the Team with online activities as well as troubleshooting online issues on the Learning Management System.
- Monitor public areas and maintain an awareness of office activity, recognizing and diffusing problematic and possible volatile situations, taking measures to avoid crisis situations by alerting appropriate staff and by taking action as defined by ETHOS Policies and Procedures.
- Provide assistance, in person, over the phone and/or online to individuals and clients, some of whom may have emotional, physical or mental conditions or language difficulties that act as barriers to communication.
- Book clients into orientation sessions, assessments, intake appointments and training workshops; direct to online orientation sessions where appropriate.
- Assist eligible participants to complete and submit all intake paperwork and file it as determined by Ministry standards.
- Provide information to callers regarding outside agencies and community-based organizations that may help them to reach their goals.
- Provide clients, community partners and employers with information on the QmunityWORKS program.
- Direct clients to appropriate services and programs.
- Ensure brochures are available to local agencies and in targeted areas to reach key client groups.
- Create marketing material such as posters, brochures, and online ads.
- Ensure marketing materials are maintained and re-ordered when necessary.
- Maintain social media platforms.
- Assist the Program Manager in providing monthly narrative information on program activities.
- Maintain effective file systems.
- Update databases for client tracking and statistics.
- Enter monthly schedules into calendars; maintain lists of program participants; call and/or participants to confirm attendance.
- Enter data from registration form into database.
- Maintain smooth working operation of all equipment, including telephone system, photocopier, printers and fax machine.
- Compile month-end data for front-end statistics and summary of front-end activities.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Client Services Team including word processing, phone calls, data entry, photocopying, filing and maintaining reports for statistical purposes.
* Other duties as required and assigned