- Post-secondary education in Business, Public Administration, Education, Social Sciences or related
- Online Learning Certification
- 3 years experience working with an LMS(s), preferably in a related field
- 3 years professional experience developing, evaluating curriculum and facilitating
- Marketing experience an asset
- Enthusiastic and willing to take on new challenges in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to multi-task and maintain patience and diplomacy
- Self-directed and able to contribute as a team player
- Teamwork skills and the ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities
- Takes initiative
- Comfortable with change and learning.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and professional behaviour
Abilities and Skills:
- Effective communication, both orally and in writing, with all levels of contacts; formulating concepts and developing strategies and solutions for training needs
- Making oral presentations to diverse groups, including all Inclusion Groups
- Organizing time and resources (e.g. people, facilities, events, materials, etc.)
- Developing practical frameworks that describe complex ideas in understandable, usable ways
- Ability to work under strict timelines while ensuring consistent attention to detail
- Create marketing material for both online and other mediums
- Knowledge of file share administration, domain security, and general day-to-day management tasks, such as adding user, administering groups, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with backup and recovery procedures
- Knowledge of and experience with database administration
- Visual design capabilities including UI/UX design experience and other front-end web design skills
- OR an understanding of HTML5 & CSS and strong interest in developing UI/UX design skills
- Knowledge of and experience managing WordPress-based systems, including content/page design, system administration, and update/day-to-day management
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tools an asset
Reports to: WorkBC Centre Manager & Director of Finance/Business Manager
The Learning/Training Specialist performs responsible and complex administrative work in planning, designing, developing, coordinating, implementing and tracking Learning Management Systems. This work includes delivering all related internal and external Training, including training community providers and agencies on how to use the Virtual WorkBC Centre; develops and evaluates learning and training methodology and curriculum content.
Learning and Training:
- This front-line learning technology position works supporting staff, clients and the community with ETHOS’s learning management system (ETHOSLearn, powered by LearnDash), along with our video streaming service (ETHOSTube powered by Vimeo), blogging and website platform (ETHOSBlogs powered by WordPress) and our web conferencing system (ETHOSOnline Rooms powered by Zoom). There are other educational technologies this position will also support. This valued position promotes, supports and assists staff with their use of learning technologies.
- This position works closely with all of the members of the Learning and Innovation Team in order to support and deliver community-wide projects and programs.
- Identify complex problems and work with the appropriate experts (LIT team members, ETHOS support departments, etc.) to help users find
- Provide appropriate support to users with varied technological comfort or
- Gather, create, and edit web-ready digital media resources related to WorkBC Centre programs, and projects. This may include working with documents, website pages, images, and audio/video
- Create and customize passive resources to support staff and clients in the use of ETHOS’s learning technology tools. This could include support-training focused explanatory videos, printable guides, and web pages for both staff and
- Work with other team members to review changes and updates to learning technology tools. Communicate changes to both the WorkBC Centre team and users of the system appropriately.
- Updating existing support materials, in all locations, as
- Work effectively within established procedural
- Remain current in the field. Be able to manage many tasks and duties and keep records and documentation on
- Quickly switch tasks and focus in a high pressure, fast-paced environment often with a heavy workload and be frequently called upon to resolve or refer issues with immediate requirements or tight Work closely with the other Learning Specialists to seamlessly provide staff support as a strong functioning team. Work closely with the Business Manager as new tools and learning environments are developed and deployed and for referring more complex issues. Work alongside the Facilitators and Learning Specialists to support WorkBC Centre initiatives and pedagogically-sound technology use.
- Engage in departmental-wide team projects and activities to support affiliated projects and activities with all technologies. Participate in meetings, courses, and workshops that continually allow new learning to aid job duties and provide direct support and success with team projects and
- Work with the LIT team to deliver and support technology-enhanced offerings for staff and clients.
Staff and Community Support and Training:
- Provide front-line staff and client support for users of our learning management system and other technologies, such as online conferencing.
- Support users through 1:1 consultation, working with small groups, delivering support through web-based conferencing software, telephone or creating support-focused training materials within the learning management
- Help users resolve software and application access, navigation problems, operation and functional issues (i.e., What can the software do and how do you get it to do that?) responding appropriately and finding solutions.
- Provide timely responses to support
- Support in-person and virtual training for staff in Zoom, Teams, KeePass, online tool support, outlooks, Raspberry Pi for Resource room
- Refer users to experts to resolve issues related to non-functioning software or hardware or pedagogical
Community and Virtual WorkBC Outreach:
- Promote Virtual WorkBC Centre and online services, providing in-person and virtual training and LMS tours within the community, including community partners and local Indigenous populations
- Collaborate with other ETHOS programs and community program/events
- Participate in the Marketing Committee, developing posts and campaigns for events and services, both hard and soft copy versions
- Monitor activity Tracker and measure it against Quarterly Targets