- Post-secondary education in Business or Public Administration, Education, IT or Social Sciences
- Online learning, curriculum development and/or similar from an appropriately accredited
- 3 to 5 years of recent, related experience as a Learning Specialist, including experience in courseware and curriculum development
- 3 years professional supervisory experience in directing, developing, evaluating and facilitating
- 3 years experience working with an LMS(s), preferably in a related field is an asset
- Prior experience working in LearnDash and Storyline is an asset
- Enthusiastic and willing to take on new challenges in a constantly evolving environment
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal with a wide variety of people with tact, diplomacy, and patience
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Comfortable with change and learning, and has the ability to change quickly depending on what is going on in the industry
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and professional behavior
- Proficient with leading projects and understanding the full project management cycle
Abilities and Skills:
- Effective communication, both orally and in writing, with all levels of contacts; formulating concepts and developing strategies and solutions for training needs
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Exceptional English composition and grammar skills
- Making oral presentations to interested external parties
- Organizing time and resources (e.g. people, facilities, events, materials, etc.)
- Developing practical frameworks that describe complex ideas in understandable, usable ways
- Gather, create, and edit web-ready digital media resources related to ETHOS programs, and projects. This may include working with documents, website pages, images, and audio/video resources.
- Lead other team members in reviewing changes and updates to learning technology tools.
- Assign project tasks to team members and provide bi-monthly updates to management and overall project progress
- Knowledge of and experience with database administration
- Visual design capabilities including UI/UX design experience and other front-end web design skills
- OR an understanding of HTML5 & CSS and strong interest in developing UI/UX design skills
Knowledge of and experience managing WordPress-based systems, including content/page design, system administration, and update/day-to-day management is an asset
Reports to: Director of Finance
The Learning Specialist Lead is a key member of the Learning, Innovation and Technology (LIT) Team, under the umbrella of ETHOS Research and Development. They perform responsible and complex administrative work in planning, designing, developing, coordinating, implementing and tracking Learning Management Systems and related.
The Learning Specialist Lead also provides leadership to the LIT team on ETHOS’s learning management system (ETHOSLearn, powered by LearnDash), along with our video streaming service (ETHOSTube powered by Vimeo), and website platform (powered by WordPress) and our web conferencing system (ETHOSOnline Rooms powered by Zoom) in order to support and deliver community-wide projects and programs. In addition, this person will develop and evaluate learning and training methodology and curriculum content.
- Build interactive online training modules on the learning management system (LMS)
- Apply knowledge of instructional design to online course development projects
- Maintain training documentation and course completion certification
- Work effectively within established procedural frameworks.
- Remain current in the field. Be able to manage many tasks and duties and keep records and documentation on work.
- Design and develop instructional and curriculum project components, online course design processes and staff instruction
- Remain current in the field. Be able to manage many tasks and duties and keep records and documentation on
- Develop long-term strategic plans
- Manage online, in-person and blended course design projects in collaboration with subject matter experts (SME)
- Analyze and apply best-practice trends in learning design and technology
- Motivating and supporting LIT team members to identify needs and implement new materials.
- Liaise with the IT Manager on all projects
- Create monthly progress reports
- Maintain staff schedules, vacation calendar, sick days, and adjusted work schedule collaborating with HR Coordinator as required
- Review and approve time sheets
- Resolve any conflict issues fairly and equitably; discuss and refer team members to policies and procedures as appropriate
- Participate in regularly scheduled Leadership Team meetings
- Other duties as required