Job Coach Island Ops
Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd, we provide innovative and tailored career solutions to guide job seekers in reaching their career goals. With our head office located in Nanaimo on beautiful Vancouver Island, we offer a range of employment programs and services, digital learning supports and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith.
ETHOS Career Management Group is currently recruiting for the position of Job Coach for our Island Ops Program. The Island Ops program helps people with identified disabilities to find suitable employment. This is a remote, 10-month contract, 3 days per week (22.5 hrs/wk), reporting to the Program Coordinator. This position will be based in the mid-Vancouver Island area (Nanaimo/Parkville/Comox).
The Job Coach works one-to-one with participants to provide customized employment services to assist them in securing employment. This includes assessing participant employment goals and potential barriers, conducting job task analysis to identify suitable employment opportunities and providing ongoing support to help secure and retain employment for participants.
The Job Coach will be required to travel (once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted) to meet with participants and employers, support participants in the workplace, monitor work experience placement, and provide follow-up support services. A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle will be required.
Qualifications and required skills:
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field; Career or Employment Development, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Counselling or
- Equivalent combination of experience and education/training with applicable certification such as Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP) designation or Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CCRC) designation or Masters in Counselling
- Industry-recognized certification appropriate to Specialized Assessments preferred
- Career Development Practitioner training preferred
- 3 years’ experience working with Persons with Disabilities preferred
- Have a strong working knowledge and in-depth understanding of employment services needed to support participants along a successful path toward employment that is sustainable
- Understanding of the local labour market and able to build connections in the employer community
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products-Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
To apply, please submit a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Closing date, Friday, April 9, 2021.
The wage for this position is $26.00 per hour.