Human Resources Manager
Come Join Our Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., we provide innovative and tailored solutions to guide job seekers in reaching their career goals. With our Head Office located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, we offer a range of employment programs, digital learning supports, and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith.
We are currently recruiting for a Human Resources Manager. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this position is based out of our Head Office in Nanaimo, with travel to Duncan 1 day per week or as required. This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week position.
The Human Resources Manager leads HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce within a Learning Organization.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for supporting employees and managers by responding to HR inquiries. Specifically, the Human Resources Manager oversees the recruiting function, facilitates onboarding and offboarding, provides assistance with HR policies, programs and procedures, assists in the preparation of HR training and performance management material, and other duties as required.
Essential Qualifications and required skills:
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources Management, Business Management, Psychology, or related field plus relevant experience
- CPHR designation or currently pursuing a certification is preferred; ongoing learning specifically related to Human Resources (e.g., workshops, learning roundtables, networking, mentoring and other methods to remain up-to-date in the HR industry) is an asset
- 3-5 years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist/Management role; experience in a career management, employment services or human services organization is preferred
- Strong recruiting background is an asset
- Knowledge or experience in the implementation of human resources “best practices”, including developing programs and strategies in recruitment and retention, reward management, training and development, and organizational effectiveness is required
- Good understanding the Employment Standards Act of BC and Alberta, as well as the WorkSafeBC and WorkSafe Alberta and Human Rights principles and ability to ensure that internal HR practices adhere to these standards
- Experience formulating and implementing human resources policies and procedures
- Experience in Performance Management tools, methods and practices an asset
- Knowledge of HR methods and techniques and recent developments in the HR field
Pay for this position is $30.00-31.00 per hour depending on experience
If this is a fit for you, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.