Rebel Youth Entrepreneur Program
Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., we provide innovative and tailored solutions to guide job seekers in reaching their career goals. With our Head Office located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, we offer a range of employment programs, digital learning supports, and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith.
We have an opportunity available for a full-time Facilitator/Resource Counsellor (5 days/week, 9-month contract, with possible extension) in the Rebel Youth Entrepreneurship Program. This new program will assist Vancouver Island youth who are interested in launching or growing a business. This position is remote, reporting to the program Manager.
Rebel will be delivered in group cohorts in 18-week sessions. The Facilitator/Counsellor will be a vital part of the program team, responsible for delivering group workshops online, both through live delivery and online content through the ETHOS Learning Management System, “Entrepreneur Inside”. Your primary role will be delivering engaging online classroom sessions and webinars where participants will develop their essential skills, soft skills, and basic entrepreneurial skills. The Facilitator/Counsellor will also be responsible for providing program orientation for participants and new program staff. Your duties will also include developing and updating workshop and orientation curriculum in response to current trends and participant feedback. As a Resource Counsellor, you will provide additional resources and coaching to help program participants succeed. You will also work cooperatively with the Rebel Program team to contribute to participant success.
- Develop, maintain, revise and update workshop curriculum on an ongoing basis
- Deliver engaging group workshops, live and though ETHOS “Entrepreneur Inside” Learning Management System
- Work with Business Coaches to create a workshop schedule to include all topics in an appropriate timeline
- Facilitate groups online via Zoom, and using recognized adult learning principles and techniques
- Collaborates with Rebel team to provide information to participants regarding relevant training and additional resources to contribute to participant success
- Provide one-on-one coaching to participants as required
- Monitors client success throughout the program and shares relevant information with Business Coaches as needed
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field including business administration, marketing, entrepreneurship and/or adult learning
- 3+ years (preferred) experience in developing and facilitating workshops, including delivering to groups via online platforms
- Experience working with people in business start-up preferred
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, and experience delivering materials to adult learners
- Experience in coaching and mentoring clients
- Background in building connections with business community and other stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other online platforms
- Demonstrated experience delivering basic life skills and essential skills training preferred
- Clear Criminal Record Check for vulnerable sectors is a condition of employment
- Must have access to a high-speed internet connection
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. offers its employees competitive wages and extended benefits. We believe in lifelong career learning, and offer our employees professional development and training opportunities for skills enhancement.
Starting wage for this position is $27/hour.
If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, then we encourage you to apply. Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than April 5, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.