Facilitator/Employment Counsellor, TechWORKS Program
Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., we provide innovative and tailored solutions to guide job seekers in reaching their career goals. With our Head Office located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, we offer a range of employment programs, digital learning supports, and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith.
ETHOS is recruiting to fill a dual role Facilitator and Employment Counsellor position in our TechWORKS employment program for young adults. This is a remote position, 4 days (30 hours) per week reporting to the Program Manager. The Facilitator will deliver virtual career development workshops through our online platforms and create/update curriculum as needed. As the Employment Counsellor, you will provide employment counselling and career coaching to participants through live one-on-one video meetings and email.
- Relevant Post-Secondary education in Counselling, Education, Social Work, Business Admin., Psychology or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Preference for Bachelor’s degree in a human services field
- Training in Employment Counselling theories and processes and career assessment tools
- 2+ years’ experience in group facilitation, preference for experience facilitating groups virtually
- Career Practitioner training or certification preferred
- Successful experience in counselling clients for career planning, vocational selection, job search, identifying and overcoming barriers to employment, and personal and career management
- Coaching and mentoring clients with multiple barriers to employment
- 3+ years’ experience working with diverse clients, including youth
- Demonstrated knowledge of Job Search Strategies, current employment trends, labour market information and appropriate workplace behaviours
The successful candidate must be a resident of Vancouver Island, the Sunshine Coast or Gulf Islands.
If this sounds like a fit for your skills and experience, we encourage you to apply. Please send your cover letter and resume in application for this position. Starting wage for this position is $27/hour.
Closing date is: Open until filled
ETHOS Career Management Group is committed to respecting diversity within our company; we have inclusive hiring practices and strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.