Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group, we guide our clients in finding employment that is suitable and sustainable. With our head office located in Nanaimo, we offer a range of employment services, digital learning programs and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Client Service Rep/Employment Advisor for our Cowichan Valley WorkBC Centre in Duncan. This is a 37.5 hours (5 days) per week position.
As a member of the Client Services Team, this dual position provides one on one assistance to job seekers on a daily basis.
As the Employment Advisor, you will assist clients in accessing self-serve employment resources and applying for WorkBC Centre services in the Resource Room. The Employment Advisor’s main priorities are to assist clients in applying for work using Internet services and other technology, provide feedback and guidance on resumé and cover letter development, disseminate Labour Market Information and provide backup facilitation of workshops. The Employment Advisor may, from time to time, have the opportunity to provide coverage for other positions within the centre, as requested by the WorkBC Centre Manager. These activities promote a learning environment and contribute to organizational succession planning.
In the Client Service Representative role, you are the first point of contact for all who access WorkBC Services by phone, email, online, fax, or mail. By maintaining a welcoming reception area in the Duncan WorkBC Resource Centre, the CSR’s main priorities are to provide program awareness, assist all onsite, offsite and online job seekers requesting help to access information and services (including WorkBC Centre registration), and service referrals. In addition, the CSR will support the Client Services Team by contacting clients to remind of appointment and workshops, preparing client supports and resources, and providing clerical and administrative support.
Resource Room Coordination
- Research and develop broad range of career planning, job search and labour market information for resource room clients.
- Assist WorkBC staff with locating career and job-related resources.
- Ensure task schedules are in place; ensure client supplies are kept well-stocked.
- Works with the WorkBC Centre Manager to coordinate and schedule Resource Room coverage.
- Market and promote WorkBC Resource Room accessibility to community.
- Liaise with community agencies, employers, Labour Market Information and library services.
- Organize and assist with community or employer information sessions held in the WorkBC Centre, ensuring events are displayed and clients are aware of sessions.
- Organize WorkBC information displays on-site and off-site at Job Fairs and community events; support annual Job Fair.
- Oversee Job Board maintenance.
- Provides information and assists clients in registering for online employment services.
- Responsible for the daily management of WorkBC mailbox following established protocols.
- Coach clients to support computer-based job search and to independently develop and maintain relevant resumés and cover letters
- Provide self-directed clients access to current, relevant employment-related information.
- Facilitate group sessions to clients and staff in the effective use of services including computer and library resources.
- Identify opportunities for resource room clients to participate in case management services and/or workshops to support job search.
- Responsible for service requests and case transfers, following established processes and protocols, to ensure WorkBC policies, procedures and timelines have been followed.
- Other duties as required
- Prepare Resource Room monthly reports.
- Ensure resource room visit statistics and data entry are maintained.
- Document any client issues in the database and report to WorkBC Manager.
Job Sustainment Services
- Have a strong working knowledge and in-depth understanding of employment services in order to support Clients along a successful path toward sustainable employment.
- Post-Secondary education in Human Services, Administration or combination of education, training, and experience.
- Training in or working knowledge of Microsoft software applications, particularly Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Professional development in Labour Market Information, knowledge and research preferred.
- Career Development Practitioner training considered an asset.
- 2+ years’ experience serving diverse clientele in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Experience delivering services and workshops online.
- Preference given to those with experience providing service to job seekers.
- Knowledge of local labour market and community agencies considered an asset.
- Ability to handle client and program information according to confidentiality and privacy laws.
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. offers its employees competitive benefits after completion of a 90-day probation period, and opportunities for professional development. We believe in lifelong career learning, and offer professional development and training opportunities to gain many skills in the employment services sector.
If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, then we encourage you to get in touch. Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than February 1, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.