At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., we guide our clients in finding employment that is
suitable and sustainable. With our head office located in Nanaimo, we offer a range of
employment services, digital learning programs and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and
Ladysmith. We are currently recruiting for a Client Services Specialist in our Cowichan Valley
WorkBC Employment Services Centre in Duncan. This is a full-time permanent position, Monday
– Friday, 37.5 hours per week. This position reports to the Senior Finance Manager and is a
member of the Financial and Client Services Teams.
• Oversee the purchase of and accurately keep inventory of client supports and oversee the
process for distribution to clients ensuring required documentation has been completed and
entered in Provincial Integrated Case Management (ICM) system.
• Process payments for client training as documented in ICM in accordance with Financial
• Process ongoing client support payments for clients participating in programs and Self
Employment as documented in ICM and in accordance with Financial Support Policy.
• Prepare Wage Subsidy agreements, review, approve and process payment to employers for
monthly Wage Subsidy claims, ensuring claims are within the contract budget and guidelines.
• Prepare and reconcile invoicing and reimbursement of client support payments.
• Other duties as required.
Education and Qualifications
• Post-secondary training in accounting, business, accounting designation or equivalent, OR
an equivalent combination of on-the-job training in the bookkeeping or accounting field
• Knowledge and 2+ years’ experience with Sage accounting package
• 5+ years’ experience including bookkeeping, payroll, contracting, financial reporting
processes and office administration
• Experience with Federal and Provincial agreements; understanding of WorkBC Employment
Services program preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to process large amounts of data with integrity, efficiency and consistency
• Detail oriented, precise, and organized
• Ability to work within strict protocols for handling confidential information
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and professional conduct
• Able to interpret and apply government rules, guidelines and procedures
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of standard accounting practices
• Proficiency with standard computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access,
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience, we’d like to hear from you. ETHOS
Career Management Group Ltd. offers an excellent benefits package and competitive
compensation. Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Closing date
for submission is February 1, 2021.