At ETHOS Career Management Group, we guide our clients in finding employment that is suitable and sustainable. With our head office located in Nanaimo, we offer a range of employment services, digital learning programs and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith. We are currently recruiting for the position of Case Manager/Employment Counsellor for the Ladysmith WorkBC Employment Services Centre.
As a member of the Client Services Team, the Case Manager/Employment Counsellor (CM/EC) provides case management and employment/career counselling services for any eligible British Columbian, including specialized populations, in collaboration with the Ministry, supplemental Service Providers, Community partners, employers and projects.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the CM/EC is responsible for providing Clients with career planning and development, occupation selection, and work search strategies. Specifically, the CM/EC conducts client and financial needs assessments; administers and interprets specialized assessments; determines client status and funding sources; and, develops, reviews and revises action plans. The CM/EC collaborates with Clients to identify barriers to employment, facilitate career exploration, clarify employment difficulties, while developing job sustainment strategies. The CM/EC assists clients with training and tools such as short-term certification, occupational skills training, wage subsidies, and self-employment, and refers clients to appropriate internal and/or community resources. In addition, the CM/EC identifies resources for employment support services including assisting clients to prepare for job search and work, find jobs/work experience, and maintain employment. The CM/EC monitors and reports on client activities and services; reviews clients files; provide follow up and job sustainment support; and prepares and closes client files.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field: Career or Employment Development, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Counselling, Education or Human Resources or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Preference for Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and Career Practitioner Certification
- 3 years or more experience conducting and interpreting client needs assessments, or related needs assessment experience
- 3 years or more experience in counselling clients with career planning, vocational selection, job search, identifying and overcoming barriers to employment and personal and career management
- Experience in delivering and understanding of Case Managed Services: Work Experience Services, Skill Enhancement Services Self-Employment and Job Search Services
- Assisting clients in developing and revising Action Plans
- Experience in coaching and mentoring Clients
- Possess highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Experience in working with clients with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds
- Handle confidential information with discretion and adhere to professional guidelines (including those in the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Practitioners)
- Experience using BC government Integrated Case Management (ICM) would be an asset
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.