22.5 Hours/Week North Island
37.5 Hours/Week Victoria
Rebel Youth Entrepreneur Program
Business Coach – REBEL Youth Entrepreneur Program
Come Join Our Growing Team!
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., we provide innovative and tailored solutions to guide job seekers in reaching their career goals. With our Head Office located in Nanaimo, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, we offer a range of employment programs, digital learning supports, and operate WorkBC Centres in Duncan and Ladysmith.
We have an exciting opportunity available for Business Coaches (one year contract with possible extension) in our Rebel Youth Entrepreneur Program. This new program will assist Vancouver Island youth who are interested in launching or growing a business. These positions will be remotely-based; one is full-time (37.5 hr/week) in the Southern Vancouver Island area—Victoria/Cowichan Valley, the other is part-time (22.5 hr/week) to cover north Vancouver Island, based in Campbell River/Comox area.
Rebel will be delivered in a group cohort environment in 18-week sessions. The first phase of the sessions will include online facilitated workshops in a variety of topics including essential skills, soft skills, and entrepreneurship basics. During the remainder of the program, participants will work one-on-one with Business Coaches to develop or update their business plans and get ready to launch.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Business Coach works one-on-one guiding program participants in developing or updating their business plans, and through start-up, re-boot or growth. The Business Coach will also facilitate entrepreneurial workshop content in tandem with ETHOS’ virtual online Learning Management System, “Entrepreneur Inside”. Assistance will be provided to participants by the Business Coach in all areas of business planning to provide ongoing supports and advice, and monitor business growth. The Business Coach also works with the Rebel program team to support Participants throughout.
- Business Coaching
- Facilitate sessions in entrepreneurship topics
- Provide tools and resources to support Participants in developing business concepts, business plans, and financial forecasts
- Evaluate business concepts for viability, financial capacity, skills, personal suitability, and competitive impact of the new business on the local labour market and community as a whole
- Guide preparation of client financial forecasts
New Business Support:
- Advise new business owners to support the operation of their approved business
- Conduct monitors, a combination of onsite, virtual and/or weekly telephone or email monitors, to ensure Participant compliance with their Training Plan and program goals
- Provide ongoing mentorship, coaching, and guidance to Participants
- Maintain records and complete reports as required
- Ensure strict adherence to Participant confidentiality and professional codes of conduct
- Monitor and assess all program components and solicit participant feedback throughout all phase
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills
- Post-Secondary education in Commerce, Business Management, Marketing, Finance or related
- 3+ years’ writing and reviewing business plans
- 3+ years’ business coaching experience, with new entrepreneurs and diverse clientele preferred
- Group virtual facilitation experience; in entrepreneurship topics preferred
- Strong background in producing forecasted cash flow and financial statements
- Development of marketing plans and strategies, both traditional and online
- Strong community contacts and understanding of available resources to assist participants
- Preference for those who have owned their own business
- Mid to high level skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and online applications
ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd. offers its employees competitive wages and extended benefits. We believe in lifelong career learning, and offer professional development and training opportunities for skills enhancement in the employment services sector.
The pay rate for this position is $30-$32/hour, depending on experience.
If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, then we encourage you to apply. Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than April 9, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you.