At ETHOS, our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Do you enjoy networking and building strong connections in your community? Do you have a passion for assisting others in reaching their employment goals? You could be our next Job Developer (JD) in our QWORKS program, a part of ETHOS. This is a remote position that will be serving clients across British Columbia. The JD works in conjunction with the Employment Counsellor and Program Facilitator.
QWORKS is a blended learning program that will provide employment support, education, employment counselling, and job development for those who identify as LGBTQ2S+ and their allies. We will create a safe, online, and in-person environment for everyone to belong, be heard, and create gainful, sustainable, job opportunities.
The Job Developer assists participants to connect with appropriate employment. Through developing a professional relationship with the employer community, and other service providers who deal with employers, the JD identifies and assesses employment opportunities for participants. The JD’s main responsibilities include connecting with local employers to research/generate employer-based work experience, community experience or volunteer placement activities, job shadowing, and information interviews; matching participants with suitable employment opportunities; facilitating curriculum feedback sessions and other employer-based feedback; supporting clients on the job site until self-sufficient; follow-up support services.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Post-secondary education in Career Development, Human Services, Psychology, Business, Education, or a related field, plus training/experience in marketing and communications or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Certified Career Development Professional (CCDP) designation preferred
- Familiar with local service organizations and employer community
- Ability to make cold calls and approach local employers on behalf of clients
- Experience working with individuals who are part of the LGBTQ2S+ community, and a knowledge of community resources and supports
- Clear Criminal Record Check for vulnerable sectors required as a condition of employment
- Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection required
- Must live in British Columbia
ETHOS is a Learning Organization. We encourage continuous learning and growth, offering ongoing professional development and Learning and Development Plans that financially assist our staff in continuing their education. We offer above-average leave and sick day coverage, a Health Spending Account, mental health strategies that include a paid day off to focus on you, and a Wellness Account to use towards Health, Fitness, and Wellness.
Job Type: Full-Time, Contract until January 2, 2026
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Wage: $27.00 per hour
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Open Until Filled