At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We are looking for a new team member to add value to the team. If you have a passion for helping people find success in their quest to find employment and have experience working with people who have complex mental health needs and setting and achieving goals with them, you could be the perfect fit for our Job Coach position in our Duncan WorkBC Employment Services Centre.
As a member of the Client Services Team, the Job Coach will do the following:
- Work with clients with all types of diverse abilities to help them achieve their employment goals.
- Use your expertise in community inclusion to seek out employers who embrace diversity.
- Use your creativity to learn about specific job seeker’s needs to help them identify accommodations and strategies to help them sustain employment.
- Use your passion for connecting with others by getting out of the office and into the community to ensure job seekers are fully supported in their job-seeking process.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills
- Understanding of intersectionality as it applies to people who may experience barriers.
- Experience helping people with goal setting and developing action plans to achieve their goals. Preference for Career Practitioner Training.
- Preferred experience in delivering and understanding Case Managed Services: Work Experience Services, Skill Enhancement Services Self-Employment, and Job Search Services.
- Strong computer skills using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Preferred experience with client case management databases (i.e. ICM, CIMS).
- Experience in working with individuals with complex barriers and disabilities.
- Experience in working with immigrants and visible minorities.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring clients.
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management.
- Possess highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Education in a relevant field: Career or Employment Development, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, Community Support Worker, Mental Health Worker, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Counselling, Education or Human Resources, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
ETHOS is a Learning Organization. We encourage continuous learning and growth, offering ongoing professional development and Learning and Development Plans that financially assist our staff in continuing their education. We offer above-average leave and sick day coverage, a Health Spending Account, mental health strategies that include a paid day off to focus on you, and a Wellness Account to use towards Health, Fitness, and Wellness.
Job Type: Contract – March 31, 2027
Wage: $28.00 per hour
Hours: 30.0 hours per week
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]