Exceptional Management Opportunity – General Manager, WorkBC – Cowichan Valley
At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We are looking for a passionate leader who is innovative and strategic to join our team as the WorkBC Centre General Manager (GM). As a member of the ETHOS Management Team, the GM is responsible for contract deliverables and the day-to-day operation of Cowichan WorkBC Centres and is the main liaison for service provider partners and the local community. The GM reports directly to the CAO. This position is based in Duncan, BC.
As Leader of the Cowichan WorkBC Centres (25+ employees), your purpose is to oversee the provision of services needed to help unemployed people in our service area to reach their employment and training goals, while fulfilling our commitments to our funder. Responsibilities include:
- Creating a culture of trust, inclusion and collaboration among employees, and management
- Overseeing the annual performance management cycle for WorkBC employees
- Monitoring and identifying shortfalls in achieving Key Performance Indicators; overseeing corrective action plans for employees
- Nurturing partnerships with local groups, Indigenous Nations, employers and service providers
- Working diligently with employees to find ways to continuously improve client service offerings
- Ensuring timely and thorough completion of Ministry and organizational monthly/annual reports, including forecasts, billings, Annual Business Plans, Community and Employer Outreach Plans
- Overseeing WorkBC communications with internal/external stakeholders
- Maintaining workplace health and safety in WorkBC Centres, according to WorkSafeBC requirements.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Counselling, Education, Social Work, Psychology, Human Service or related field; preference for Bachelor’s degree
- Training as a Career Practitioner; CCDP designation preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ WorkBC or comparable employment service experience managing and being directly accountable for the performance of a team and leading the development and implementation of program delivery and associated change management
- Financial management experience, including developing, implementing, and evaluating the success of strategic plans, work plans, and budgets
- Successful experience in case management, career counselling and the career development field, in general, would be considered an asset
ETHOS is a Learning Organization. We encourage continuous learning and growth, offering ongoing professional development and Learning and Development Plans that financially assist our staff in continuing their education. We offer above-average leave and sick day coverage, a Health Spending Account, mental health strategies that include a paid day off to focus on you, and a Wellness Account to use towards Health, Fitness, and Wellness.
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday, occasional weekends and evenings
Wage: $36-$39/hour, depending on experience
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Closing date: Open until filled