At ETHOS, our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Do you have experience with online learning strategies? Are you able to create an inclusive learning environment? Do you have a passion for helping people find success in their quest to find employment? If so, we want to hear from you! You may be the perfect fit for our Employment Counsellor/Facilitator role in our Skills Quest for Young Adults (SQYA) program, a part of ETHOS.
The Skills Quest for Young Adults Program (SQYA) helps young adults aged 16-29 develop everyday skills required for work, learning, and life. Our support team works with the participants, guiding them through using these skills to find and maintain sustainable employment.
The Employment Counsellor/Facilitator (EC/F) is responsible for assessing participants for program suitability and eligibility. Collaborating with participants, the EC/F will create realistic and achievable training plans to support them in moving to sustainable employment, further education, or training that leads to sustainable employment. The EC/F will also develop, maintain, revise, and update the workshop curriculum on an ongoing basis. The EC/F will deliver information on the labour market, community resources, government programs, career development, and issues related to unemployment and provide information to workshop participants on the use of effective job search techniques, career decision-making methods, and personal management strategies.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Post-secondary education in Career Development, Human Services, Psychology, Social Work, Education, Counselling, or a related field
- Certified Career Development Professional (CCDP) designation preferred and/or training in Employment Counselling theories, processes, and career assessment tools
- Experience working with Persons with Disabilities in an employment services setting
- Experience in counselling participants for career planning, vocational selection, job search, identifying and overcoming barriers to employment, and career management
- Demonstrated knowledge of Job Search Strategies, current employment trends, labour market information, and appropriate workplace behaviours.
- 3 years (preferred) or more experience in developing and facilitating employment and career workshops and programs; experience delivering curriculum to groups online
- Demonstrated experience delivering basic life skills and essential skills programs/training preferred
- Familiar with local service organizations and education/training providers
- Clear Criminal Record Check for vulnerable sectors required as a condition of employment
- Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection required
- Must live on Vancouver Island
ETHOS is a Learning Organization. We encourage continuous learning and growth, offering ongoing professional development and Learning and Development Plans that financially assist our staff in continuing their education. We offer above-average leave and sick day coverage, a Health Spending Account, mental health strategies that include a paid day off to focus on you, and a Wellness Account to use towards Health, Fitness, and Wellness.
Job Type: Full-Time, Contract until January 3, 2025
Hours: 30 hours per week
Wage: $27.50 per hour
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]