At ETHOS, our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We are looking for a visionary Chief Operating Officer who will be instrumental in ETHOS’s future growth. A leader who will utilize their strengths in Business Development, Project Management, and Strategic Planning to continue the success of the company and help lead us into the future.
As a member of the Executive Team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is an advisor to the Leadership Team, evaluating and assisting them with their financial plans, economic modeling, strategic planning, operational planning, project management, business development, and partnership creation. They are responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with the owners, as well as providing oversight for Learning, Innovation, & Technology (LIT), Business Development, IT, and HR. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the COO plays a critical role in developing and implementing the financial strategy for ETHOS.
The COO coordinates the implementation of services, policies, and programs; serves on the Executive and Leadership teams; leads and coordinates the activities of the Finance Department and the HR Department; oversees the LIT Department and assists and advises company leaders regarding project budgetary issues.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- The COO will assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and ETHOS’ long-term strategy; develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Engage the CEO around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery; assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors)
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with ETHOS’ strategic plan, especially as the organization considers for-profit service/product delivery and collaborations with external organizations
- Work with the Business Development & LIT teams to develop Marketing and Sales strategies to help position this department as a stand-alone entity that is financially self-sustaining
Financial and Operational Management
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, regulatory requirements, and audit requirements; maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities
- Partner with the Senior Finance Manager to investigate and recommend specialized finance IT systems that meet the needs of the organization
- Oversee cash flow management and forecasting; develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs; optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally
- Direct financial strategy, planning and forecasts; conferring with the CEO
- Mentor and develop the teams that report to you, manage work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of the direct span of control within the main ETHOS program areas; including, but not limited to BWCA, EOR, Gray Skills, QWORKS, R2R, SQ4S, SQYA, WorkBC, and WorkSafeBC
- Mentor and develop the Business Development and LIT teams, assist with the management of the project budgeting, help build sales strategies, and create marketing plans for both the Business Development and LIT teams, as well as the other programs within ETHOS.
- Monitor ETHOS organization as a whole; work with the Director of Finance to manage cash flow from all bank accounts and check for automated accounting system errors
- Review monthly organizational costs report, income statements, cash flow, and balance sheets for analysis with CEO
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage for all ETHOS programs and locations (contents, liability, business interruption, professional liability, etc.)
- Other Duties as required
- Identify business performance benchmarks and employ strategies to meet these benchmarks while ensuring organizational growth
- Analyze current and past business trends including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Lead quarterly business reviews
- Maximize the efficiency of all organizational practices and procedures
- Ensure all systems operate smoothly, comply with legislation and government contracts, and align with our quality standards
- Lead day-to-day operations and deliver on strategy and operational plans from the planning process against the strategic vision for the company
- Ensure the organization has adequate and suitable resources to conduct its activities (people, materials, equipment etc.)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
ETHOS is a Learning Organization. We encourage continuous learning and growth, offering ongoing professional development and Learning and Development Plans that financially assist our staff in continuing their education. We offer above-average leave and sick day coverage, a Health Spending Account, mental health strategies that include a paid day off to focus on you, and a Wellness Account to use towards Health, Fitness, and Wellness.
Job Type: Full Time
Wage: $45 – $50 depending on experience
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com