At ETHOS Career Management Group Ltd., our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We are currently looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for coaching others. If you have your own business and are looking to mentor other new business owners or are semi-retired and looking for an opportunity to share your knowledge, we would love to hear from you. You could be our next Business Coach at our WorkBC Centre in Duncan.
As a member of the WorkBC Client Services Team, the Business Coach evaluates and guides new entrepreneurs in developing business concepts and plans, leading to successful small business start-ups. The Business Coach assists in all areas of business planning to prepare clients for the presentation of their business idea to the adjudication committee (Business Development), provides ongoing supports and advice to successful applicants, and monitors business growth (Business Implementation). The Business Coach is required to provide ongoing mentorship, coaching, and guidance to clients in WorkBC Duncan and Ladysmith.
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Post-secondary education in Commerce, Business Management, Economics and/or Financial Planning, or a related field
- 3 or more years of business concept and planning, analyzing and evaluation, coaching, and mentoring experience with new entrepreneurs
- Experienced working with Persons with Disabilities and working with clients from a broad range of cultural backgrounds
- Currently or previously been self-employed; understanding of challenges faced by entrepreneurs
- Experience working with clients to identify and overcome barriers to self-employment; providing guidance, support, and empathy to program clients
- Extensive experience building partnerships with employers, community agencies, and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of legal matters, business fundamentals, including the feasibility of a business idea, plan development, and business operations
- Experience delivering services online and aptitude for working with various computer systems
- Knowledge of WorkBC services and other programs and resources available to support self-employment
ETHOS is a Learning Organization. We encourage continuous learning and growth, offering ongoing professional development and Learning and Development Plans that financially assist our staff in continuing their education. We offer above-average leave and sick day coverage, a Health Spending Account, mental health strategies that include a paid day off to focus on you, and a Wellness Account to use towards Health, Fitness, and Wellness.
Job Type: Part-Time
Hours: 15 hours per week
Wage: $31.00 – $35.00 per hour, depending on experience
How To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Open Until Filled